- Yield: 4 Servings
Spicy Buffalo Corn with Blue Cheese Slather
- Spicy Corn Mix
- Sunshine Sweet corn - 4 ears, husked
- Celery Ribs - 4, halved and sliced thinly lengthwise
- Fennel Bulb - 1/2 bulb (stalks and leaves removed), thinly sliced
- Butter - 6 tablespoons
- Jalepeño Hot Sauce - 1/4 cup
- Tabasco - 1-1/2 tablespoons
- Fresh Lemon Juice - 1-1/2 teaspoons
- Blue Cheese Slather
- Blue Cheese - ¼ cup, crumbled
- Cream Cheese - ¼ cup, softened
- Half and Half - 1 tablespoon
- Celery Salt - ¼ teaspoon
Spicy Corn Mix:
Preheat grill or broiler. Place celery and fennel in a bowl of ice water to crisp. To prepare Buffalo Corn Ears: In a small saucepan, melt butter with hot sauces. Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Brush corn with seasoned butter mixture. On a rack, arrange corn; grill or broil until slightly charred, 8 to 10 minutes, turning ears and basting with remaining butter mixture. To serve: Drain celery and fennel. On 4 dinner plates place celery, fennel and Buffalo Corn Ears, dividing equally. Top corn with Blue Cheese Slather. Use remaining slather as a dip for the celery and fennel. Serve with grilled or fried chicken or fish, if desired.
Blue Cheese Slather:
In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese (2 ounces), ¼ cup softened cream cheese, 1 tablespoons half and half and ¼ teaspoon celery salt. Mash with a fork until fairly smooth. Yields about ½ cup.
This recipe is a real winner and balances the spicy kick of the buffalo sauce with the sweet crunch of fresh sweet corn.
Lisa Hill, Norwalk, CT
1st Place 2003 Fresh Ways with Supersweet Corn Recipe Contest