- Yield: 4 Servings
Roasted Jerk Fish and Corn
- Sunshine Sweet Corn - 4 ears, husked and cut into thirds
- Lime Juice - 1/4 cup
- Vegetable Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Caribbean Jerk Seasoning* - 1-2 teaspoons
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Red and/or Green Bell Pepper - 2, cut lengthwise into 8ths
- Cod, Sea Bass or other Mild Fish - 1.25lbs, cut into 4 pieces at least 1in thick
- Green Onions - 8, trimmed to 5 inches long
Preheat oven to 500°F. In a cup, combine lime juice, oil, Caribbean seasoning and salt. Place peppers on lightly-oiled jelly roll pan or rimmed baking sheet; brush with lime-juice mixture. Roast 5 minutes. Add fish, green onions and corn on pan with peppers; brush with remaining lime juice mixture. Roast just until fish is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove to platter and serve. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
*If Caribbean Jerk seasoning is not available, make your own using 1 teaspoon dried thyme, ½ teaspoon ground allspice, ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper and ¼ teaspoon salt.
For a simple but delicious one-dish meal, roast fish with fresh supersweet corn and other vegetables.