- Yield: 12 portions (6 to 7 cups ceviche)
Sweet Corn Ceviche
- Sunshine Sweet Corn - 6 ears, divided
- Lime Juice - 3 tablespoons
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Kosher Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Ground Black Pepper - 1 teaspoon
- Small New Potatoes - 2 cups, finely diced and cooked
- Plum Tomatoes - 2 cups, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- Green Beans - 1.25 cups, blanched, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Asparagus - 1/2 cup, finely diced
- Sautéed Shallots - 1 cup, chopped
- Yellow Bell Pepper - 1/2 cup, in fine brunoise
- Roasted Garlic - 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Jalapeño Pepper - 1 tablespoon, minced
- Cilantro - 2 teaspoons, chopped
- Husk corn, washing, drying and reserving cornhusks for garnish. With a knife, remove kernels from 3 ears corn (makes about 2 cups or 12 ounces); place in a large bowl. Slice the remaining 3 ears crosswise to make ½-inch rounds. Blanch in salted water; reserve for garnish.
- To prepare Lime Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, combine lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- To prepare Ceviche: To the larger bowl with corn kernels, add potatoes, tomatoes, green beans, asparagus, shallots, bell pepper, garlic and jalapeño. Gently stir in Lime Vinaigrette. Let stand for 1 hour to blend flavors. Just before service, stir in cilantro.
- To plate: Arrange corn husks on each plate; place a 2-inch ring mold in the center; firmly pack mold with ceviche mix; remove mold. Garnish each portion with two of the reserved corn rounds and a cilantro sprig, if desired.
Fresh sweet corn pairs with other spring vegetables in this vegetable ceviche from celebrity chef Michelle Bernstein.