- Yield: 4 Servings
Spicy Roasted Corn, Chicken and Avocado Salad
- Sunshine Sweet Corn - 4 ears, husk and silk removed
- Lime Juice - 2 tablespoons
- Chili Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Chicken - 2 cups, diced, cooked
- Grape or Cherry Tomatoes - 1 cup, halved
- Radish - 1/4 cup, sliced
- Hass Avocado - 2, halved, pitted and peeled
- Spicy Salad Dressing - recipe to follow
- Mixed Salad Greens - 4 cups, bite-sized pieces
Preheat broiler to high. In a small cup, combine lime juice, chili powder and salt. Brush corn ears with the seasoning mixture; place on a broiler pan. Broil 6 inches from heat source until lightly browned; turn and continue broiling until barely cooked, a total of 7 to 10 minutes. Cool. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine, chicken, tomatoes and radishes. Cut each avocado into slices then cut slices in half crosswise; add to chicken mixture. Add ¼ cup Spicy Salad Dressing; toss gently. Cut two or three ¼-inch slices from each corn ear; set aside. Cut remaining corn kernels from the cobs, by holding the ear upright in a shallow bowl so the kernels don’t scatter. Divide salad greens among 4 dinner plates. Top with the chicken mixture then corn kernels. Garnish with reserved corn rounds. Serve with additional dressing, if desired.
Spicy Salad Dressing
To ½ cup of your favorite vinaigrette dressing, add 1 teaspoon chili powder, and 1⁄8 teaspoon each ground cumin and ground red pepper (cayenne).
This easy salad adds a few fresh ingredients and a quick homemade dressing to liven up that store-bought rotisserie or leftover chicken.