Sweet Corn Ceviche
Fresh sweet corn pairs with other spring vegetables in this vegetable ceviche from celebrity chef Michelle Bernstein.
- 6 ears Sunshine Sweet corn, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces (2 cups) finely diced and cooked small new potatoes
- 8 ounces (2 cups) peeled, seeded and finely diced plum tomatoes
- 6 ounces (1-¼ cups) blanched green beans, cut in ½-inch pieces
- 3 ounces (½ cup) blanched and finely diced asparagus
- 4 ounces (1 cup) chopped and sautéed shallots
- 3 ounces (½ cup) yellow bell pepper, in fine brunoise
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- Husk corn, washing, drying and reserving cornhusks for garnish. With a knife, remove kernels from 3 ears corn (makes about 2 cups or 12 ounces); place in a large bowl. Slice the remaining 3 ears crosswise to make ½-inch rounds. Blanch in salted water; reserve for garnish.
- To prepare Lime Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, combine lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- To prepare Ceviche: To the larger bowl with corn kernels, add potatoes, tomatoes, green beans, asparagus, shallots, bell pepper, garlic and jalapeño. Gently stir in Lime Vinaigrette. Let stand for 1 hour to blend flavors. Just before service, stir in cilantro.
- To plate: Arrange corn husks on each plate; place a 2-inch ring mold in the center; firmly pack mold with ceviche mix; remove mold. Garnish each portion with two of the reserved corn rounds and a cilantro sprig, if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 12 portions (6 to 7 cups ceviche)
You May Also Like:
(Rate It) Loading...