- Yield: 4 Servings
Sweet Corn and Spring Vegetable Pasta
- Sunshine Sweet Corn - 3 ears, husked
- Fusilli or other short pasta - 8oz
- Crimini or white mushrooms - 8oz, chopped
- Shallot - 1, minced
- Butter - 2 tablespoons
- Olive Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Asparagus Spears - 6, sliced at an angle into 1-inch pieces
- Green Peas - 3/4 cup, fresh or frozen
- Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese - 1/4 cup
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- Thyme - 1 tablespoon
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Meanwhile, with a sharp knife, cut the corn kernels off the cob and set aside. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the butter and oil until bubbly. Add the mushrooms and shallot; sauté until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the asparagus, peas, and corn; sauté until heated throughout, about 3 minutes. Toss in the pasta and cheese; add cooking water, as needed, to create a creamy sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a serving bowl and sprinkle with thyme.
This is a perfect pasta salad for brunch or a light lunch. Packed with all the vitamins and nutrients of fresh sweet corn and other spring veggies, this pasta salad celebrates the season’s best sweet corn!