Charred Corn Tacos with Radish-Zucchini Slaw
- Sunshine Sweet Corn - 4 Ears
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - as needed
- Salt and Pepper - as needed
- Cilantro, Parsley, and Mint - 1/2 Cup, torn leaves
- Red Onion - 1/2 Cup, thinly sliced
- Lime Juice - 2-1/2 Tablespoons
- Maple Syrup - 1 Teaspoon
- Radish - 1 Cup, cut into matchsticks
- Zucchini - 1 small, cut into matchsticks
- Jalapeno - 1, seeded and thinly sliced
- Cotija Cheese - 1/2 Cup (2-1/2 ounces) crumbled, or feta cheese
- Soft Corn Tortillas - 10 to 12 small (6-inch)
Brush the corn with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Over a hot grill or an open gas-stove flame char the ears of corn until well-blackened but not completely burnt. Remove from heat; cool. With a large knife, shave off kernels into a bowl. Add cilantro, parsley and mint; reserve.
In a small bowl, combine onion and lime juice; let stand 10 minutes. Stir in maple syrup, radishes, zucchini, jalapeno and 2 tablespoons of oil. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Heat your tortillas one of two ways: Wrap the whole stack in foil and place in a warm 250°F oven for 15 minutes, or coat a cast-iron skillet with thin layer of oil and heat over high heat; warm each tortilla 30 seconds to 1 minute each side, until lightly blistered.
To make tacos, fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup corn. Top with cheese and radish-zucchini slaw. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
This vegan (if you lose the feta) and gluten-free recipe is so delicious that even meat lovers will be reaching for seconds and thirds. Crunchy, spicy, zesty and full of sweet spring flavor, these are addictively delicious and healthy, too!