- Yield: 4 Servings
Sweet Corn, Chicken and Rice Skillet
- Sunshine Sweet Corn - 4 ears, husked and halved
- Vegetable Oil - 2 teaspoons
- Boneless Chicken Thighs - 4
- Zucchini - 1, cut into thick slices
- Onion - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Garlic - 1 teaspoon, chopped
- Flavored Rice - 1 package (6.2oz) such as chicken and herb, garlic and butter*
In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil. Place chicken in skillet, skin side down; cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to plate. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings. Add zucchini, onion and garlic; cook and stir until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in rice. Return chicken to skillet. Top with corn, overlapping if necessary. Add 2 cups water. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
*Alternatively, use 1-½ cups quick cooking rice; substitute 1 can (14-½ ounces) ready to serve chicken broth and ½ cup water for water. Sprinkle chicken thighs before cooking with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper.
This one-skillet dinner delivers a healthy, balanced meal to the table in about 30 minutes.