Sweet Corn, Chicken and Rice Skillet
This one-skillet dinner delivers a healthy, balanced meal to the table in about 30 minutes.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into thick slices (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 package (6.2 oz) flavored rice such as chicken and herb, garlic and butter*
- 4 ears Sunshine Sweet corn, husked and halved
In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil. Place chicken in skillet, skin side down; cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to plate. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings. Add zucchini, onion and garlic; cook and stir until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in rice. Return chicken to skillet. Top with corn, overlapping if necessary. Add 2 cups water. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 4 servings
*Alternatively, use 1-½ cups quick cooking rice; substitute 1 can (14-½ ounces) ready to serve chicken broth and ½ cup water for water. Sprinkle chicken thighs before cooking with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper.