Mexican Corn and Shrimp Skillet
Surprise your family with a Mexican Corn and Shrimp Skillet Dinner, a complete meal that blends together Mexican spices with corn, shrimp and zucchini, ready in just under 15 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ears Sunshine Sweet corn, husked and halved
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 medium (6 ounces each) zucchini thinly sliced (about 2-3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in lime juice, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add corn, shrimp and zucchini, stirring to coat with spice mixture. Add ½ cup water. Cook, covered, over low heat until corn and shrimp are cooked, about 6 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 4 portions