Italian Sausage and Corn Skillet
Fresh supersweet corn bursts with summer sweetness in this quick skillet dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 pound Italian sausage links (hot or sweet, or a mixture), quartered
- 4 ears husked Sunshine Sweet corn, cut into thirds
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, cut in 1-inch squares (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, cut in 1-inch squares (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, cut in thin wedges (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil. Add sausage; cook and stir until well browned, about 7 minutes. Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss corn, peppers and onion with the remaining 2 teaspoons oil, Italian seasoning and salt. Add corn mixture to sausage. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until sausage is cooked through and vegetables are just tender, about 8 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 4 portions
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes