Grilled Shrimp and Corn with Creamy Lime Vinaigrette
Fresh sweet corn and shrimp are a classic combination and this dish shows how the two ingredients bring out the sweetness in one another. Topped with creamy lime vinaigrette, this makes for a healthy and delicious main course.
- 2 pound raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 ears Sunshine Sweet corn
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Remove the cornhusks and corn silk, and place the corn and the shrimp on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons oil, honey and yogurt together. Add the crushed red pepper, lime zest, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk again. Set the vinaigrette aside.
- Toss the shrimp with 1 tablespoon of olive and salt and pepper to taste. Then brush the corn with 1 tablespoon of oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the corn for 8-10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes until all sides are slightly charred. Grill the shrimp for approximately 4 minutes, 2 minutes per side.
- When the corn in cool enough to handle, Cut the corn off the cob. Serve the grilled corn warm, topped with shrimp and a drizzle of lime vinaigrette.
Number of servings (yield): Serves 4-6
If you don’t own a grill you can achieve similar results by cooking the corn and shrimp in a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Make sure the skillet is piping hot before adding the corn or shrimp.