Sweet Corn and Spring Vegetable Pasta
This is a perfect pasta salad for brunch or a light lunch. Packed with all the vitamins and nutrients of fresh sweet corn and other spring veggies, this pasta salad celebrates the season’s best sweet corn!
- 8 ounces fusilli or other short pasta
- 3 ears Sunshine Sweet corn, husked
- 8 ounces crimini or white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 asparagus spears, sliced at an angle into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Meanwhile, with a sharp knife, cut the corn kernels off the cob and set aside. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the butter and oil until bubbly. Add the mushrooms and shallot; sauté until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the asparagus, peas, and corn; sauté until heated throughout, about 3 minutes. Toss in the pasta and cheese; add cooking water, as needed, to create a creamy sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a serving bowl and sprinkle with thyme.
Number of servings (yield): 4 portions
Diet Type: Vegetarian