Corn and Seafood Clambake
You don’t need a beach for this clambake. Take it indoors and combine sweet ears of fresh corn with clams and shrimp. Put on the flip-flops if it gets you in the mood.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup clam or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ears Sunshine Sweet corn, shucked and halved
- 1 dozen cherrystone clams, scrubbed under running cold water or 1 pound firm fresh fish (such as halibut, swordfish or cod), cut in chunks
- 8 ounces medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
In a Dutch oven or large saucepot over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomato, broth, wine and salt; bring to a boil. Add corn, clams and shrimp; cook until clams have opened and shrimp is pink, about 5 minutes; discard any unopened clams. Stir in chopped parsley, if desired; serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 4 portions