Sweet and Spicy Corn Lollipops
Fresh sweet corn makes this treat fun and nutritious.
Chef Michelle Bernstein, Michy's, Miami
- 4 ears Sunshine Sweet corn, each cut in thirds
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 12 lollypop sticks
With tip of a knife poke a hole in one end of each piece of corn. In boiling salted water, cook corn for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, red pepper, cinnamon and ginger. Pour melted butter into a pie plate. Drain corn well. Roll each piece in butter; insert a stick into one end; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture.
Number of servings (yield): 12 “pops”
Diet Type: Vegetarian