Roasted Jerk Fish and Corn
For a simple but delicious one-dish meal, roast fish with fresh supersweet corn and other vegetables.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Caribbean Jerk seasoning*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 red and/or green bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 8ths
- 1-1/4 pounds cod, sea bass or other mild fish with fillets at least 1 inch thick, cut into 4 pieces
- 8 green onions (scallions), trimmed to 5 inches long
- 4 ears husked fresh Sunshine Sweet corn, cut into thirds
Preheat oven to 500°F. In a cup, combine lime juice, oil, Caribbean seasoning and salt. Place peppers on lightly-oiled jelly roll pan or rimmed baking sheet; brush with lime-juice mixture. Roast 5 minutes. Add fish, green onions and corn on pan with peppers; brush with remaining lime juice mixture. Roast just until fish is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove to platter and serve. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 4 portions
*If Caribbean Jerk seasoning is not available, make your own using 1 teaspoon dried thyme, ½ teaspoon ground allspice, ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper and ¼ teaspoon salt.