Cajun Chicken with Sweet Corn
This dish is GUAR-AN-TEED to please.
- 2 pounds chicken parts (breasts, legs, thighs)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized sweet red bell pepper, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium-sized sweet green bell pepper, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large celery rib, sliced diagonally (about 2/3 cup)
- 4 ears husked Sunshine Sweet corn
Season the chicken pieces on all sides with ½ teaspoon of the Cajun seasoning and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. In a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, heat the vegetable oil. Add the chicken pieces and sauté until well browned, about 10 minutes, turning once. Stir in the peppers, onion and celery. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook, stirring once, for 5 minutes. Add corn; sprinkle with remaining Cajun seasoning and salt. Cover and cook, stirring once, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 4 servings